Water samples must arrive at the lab within 30 hours to be analyzed for bacteria. Samples recieved outside the 30 hour hold time cannot be analyzed for bacteria, and refunds will not be offered. With this in mind it is important to consider the following:
- Collect samples the same day as they will be mailed out.
- Only collect and mail samples Monday-Wednesday so it is certain they will arrive at the lab before Friday and the weekend.
- Verify when the mail is shipped by your carrier and drop off the sample before this time.
- Use the links below to view delivery times for different carriers based on your location.
- Communicate with your selected parcel service in advance to ensure they can deliver your samples on time.
- Do you live in or near Billings or Helena? Consider bringing your sample directly to the lab!
Use the following addresses from the pre-addressed kit envelope to calculate mailing times from your location:
PO BOX 30916
Billings, MT 59107
For other parcel services:
1120 South 27th Street,
Billings, MT 59101
Links for Estimating Delivery Times:
Listing of parcel services above does not represent an endorsement of these services. These services are simply linked here to provide for quick access to delivery time estimate tools for commonly used services.