Montana Well Educated Program
The goal of the Well Educated program is to provide private well owner education about water quality as it relates to health, and quality of life. The program is a collaborative effort between MSUEWQ, and partners in participating counties that provides well owners with materials to sample their well water quality. The outcome is a service that helps prevent nonpoint source ground water contamination from private wells through well owner education while simultaneously providing means to monitor ground water quality.
- 2019 Participating Counties List (where to pick up test kits)
- Well Educated Parameter List
- Well Educated Parameter Choice Guide and Glossary
- Testing My Private Well Water - What's the Story?
- How to locate a well log: a guide to using the Ground Water Information Center
Test Result Interpretation
|Arsenic||Chromium||Nitrate plus Nitrite as N|
|Coliform and E. coli bacteria||Lead||Total Dissolved Solids|
Well and Septic Videos
Testing Labs in Montana
Water Treatment System Certification Program
Water Professional Certification Program
Well Owner Responsibilities
WELL EDUCATED Program Results by year
Septic System Resources
- Septic System Function
- Private Septic Systems: No Monthly Utility Bill, but...
- Septic Tank Inspection and Trouble-Shooting MontGuide
- Septic Tank and Drainfield Operation and Maintenance MontGuide
- Underground Comics (septic system comic created by MT DEQ)